CRITERIA FOR CONFIRMATION
Entry to the marathon race category is only against a timing certificate, as elaborated below. You must have fulfilled the requirements mentioned below as per the criteria given below, to apply for the marathon race category. Please go through all details mentioned below and the Application Form before submitting your application.
I] Timing Certificate
Guidelines for applicants –
You must have participated in a distance running event which fulfils the following requirements –
- The running event must have been conducted within the period of 18 months preceding race day of the Tata Mumbai Marathon, i.e. 20 January 2019.
- Timings of only marathon (42.195 km), 25 km distance and the half marathon (21.097 km) distances will be considered to qualify for the marathon race category. Timings of relay races/events will not be considered. The timing cut-offs for the marathon category for men and women are given below. Photocopy of applicable timing certificate needs to be submitted along with the application.
- The course is measured either by an accredited IAAF-AIMS measurer using the calibrated bicycle method http://aims-worldrunning.org/measurement/MeasurementOfRoadRaceCourses.pdf OR by a local state athletic association representative using a GPS measurement device. Measurement by GPS device has been found to underestimate course length by approximately 200m over a half marathon distance so the target reading for a GPS device measured half marathon should be 1% more than the advertised distance, i.e. 21.31km. Equivalent GPS device target lengths for other race distances would be: 10km: 10.1km; 20km: 20.2km; 25km: 25.25km; Marathon: 42.62km. The measurement report must be uploaded onto the official website of the event.
- All runners are compulsorily timed using the RFID technology.
- Timing tags must be pasted on to the bibs before handing over the running number bibs to the runners – timing tags must not be handed out loose to the runners.
- The provisional timing results are displayed on the website within 12 hours of published close hour of the race.
- Race results should be available on the event website for a period of 24 months from the date of the event
- Airtel Delhi Half Marathon 2017 and 2018 (half marathon) and Tata Steel Kolkata 25K 2017 (25km distance) are the official qualifiers to the Tata Mumbai Marathon 2019. As official qualifiers, each of these events will have 500 running places reserved in marathon race category till 30 November 2018. Applicants from these events need to fulfill all registration related requisites including providing timing certificate as per the criteria defined, to qualify for the marathon.
- Outside of running events promoted by Procam International (viz. the Tata Consultancy Services World 10K Bengaluru, the Airtel Delhi Half Marathon and the Tata Steel Kolkata 25K), THE TATA MUMBAI MARATHON DOES NOT ENDORSE ANY RACE
AS AN OFFICIAL QUALIFIER and no advantage may be sought by any participant claiming a finish time from any such race.
Distance participated in Finish time cut-off(for Men applicants) Finish Time Cut-off(for women applicants) Marathon (42.195 km) 7 hrs 7 hrs 25K Run 3 hrs 18 min 3 hrs 35 min Half Marathon (21.097 km) 2 hrs 45 min 3 hrs
- Confirmed applicants of the marathon race category will be eligible for priority line-up on race day within the line-up area, based on the finish times mentioned in the timing certificates submitted along with respective application forms.
- Please note, the final acceptance of timing certificate of an event for entry confirmation is at the sole discretion of Procam International.
- The qualification timings mentioned above will be considered only for confirmation eligibility of an applicant in the marathon race category. However the timing results, rankings and certificates of the Tata Mumbai Marathon 2019 will be generated only for runners who complete the marathon distance within 6½ hours from start time.
Given below are guidelines for promoters/organizers of running events for the timing certificates of your races to be accepted as part fulfilment of confirmation criteria by an applicant. Please note where any of the guidelines are not followed by a promoter/organizer, or where there are many issues/complaints relating to timing, distance or facilities provided by race organizers on race day, Procam may at its sole discretion, not accept the timing certificates of such running events. The decision of Procam shall be binding and final.
- The running event must have been conducted within the period of 18 months preceding 20 January 2019.
- Please note your running event cannot use the term 'official qualifier to TATA Mumbai Marathon/ Mumbai Marathon' in any/all communication.
- The course must be measured either by the AIMS ratified/local state athletic association representative and the measurement report must be uploaded on the official website of the event.
- All runners are compulsorily timed using the RFID technology.
- Timing tags must have been pasted on to the bibs before handing over the running number bibs to the runners – timing tags must not be handed out loose to the runners.
- In addition to the timing mats at the start and finish gates, the course should have the following minimum number of mats on the course (split points) –
- For a full marathon course (42.195 km) – at least 3 split point timing mats
- For a 25 km course – at least 2 split point timing mats
- For a half marathon course (21.097 km) – at least 2 split point timing mats
- The provisional timing results are displayed on the website within 12 hours of published close hour of the race. Results and timing certificates should be available for verification by Procam on the website.
- Final Race results should be available on the event website for a period of 24 months from the date of the event.Such final results must include and showcase timings of runners recorded on the minimum number of split points as mentioned in 4(b) above.
- Adequate verifiable mechanisms are required to be put in place to verify that the applicant for TATA Mumbai Marathon is the runner who registered and ran at the running event in concern.
- Runners with results showing missing timing split point data / split point timing not available, their timing result/ certificate will not be considered for Tata Mumbai Marathon.
- In case it is observed that there are substantial number of finishers with one or more timing split point missing data/ data not available, Procam may at its sole discretion, not accept the timing certificates of such running events. The decision of Procam shall be binding and final.
- A organizer/promoter to give a written declaration to Procam confirming the following –
- The technical conduct of the race in question is being assisted by the local/state athletic federation.
- Number of timing mats used (in addition to mats at start and finish gates) and the course map specifying locations where mats are placed (indicating kilometre point)on course map of timed race categories.
- The course has adequate verifiable anti-cheat mechanisms, including timings mats at split points, functional cameras at important junctions throughout the duration of the race with footage available for verification and officials present at crucial junctions.
- It is advised that the final timing results declared for all timed categories be shared with Procam International in an excel file capturing the appended details of all finishers of the race, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This is required for verification of results
- First Name, middle name & Last Name
- Bib no.
- All Split point timings data including Start point.
- Net finish time
II] Outstation* Applicants
* not applicable for applicants residing in Mumbai city limits, Navi Mumbai and Thane.
Limited number of running places reserved for outstation runners to encourage participation from across the country. For applying under this criterion an applicant needs to submit a copy of his/her driving license/passport/Voter’s ID/ Aadhaar Card. Please note PAN Card will not be accepted as identity proof. Outstation applicants too will need to submit a timing certificate as mentioned above, to get confirmed.
III] #Overseas Applicants
# applicants residing outside India
Limited number of running places reserved for overseas runners to encourage participation from across the world. For applying under this criterion an applicant needs to submit a copy of his/her driving license/passport. Overseas applicants too will need to submit a timing certificate as mentioned above, to get confirmed.
IV] Charity Running Places:
NGO's registered with the Event's official Philanthropy Partner, United Way of Mumbai, have been allotted limited charity running places which can be availed by applicants on first come first serve basis. These limited running places will be available with the participating NGO's at a premium from 13 August 2018 onwards. The last date to apply via charity running places is 31 October 2018 or as soon as running places are filled, whichever is earlier. Applicants, under charity running places, will also need to submit a timing certificate as mentioned above, to get confirmed. You may log on to the philanthropy partner's website www.unitedwaymumbai.org/tmm for more details.
V] PRIORITY LINE-UP ON RACE DAY
Applicants who had applied and confirmed for the marathon race category will get allotted line-up sections for race day start (20 January 2019) basis the finish timings mentioned on respective timing certificates submitted at the time of application.
|Section||Section Start time [HR: MN]||Section End time[HR: MN]|
*The line-up sections given above are indicative and may undergo a change, which will be communicated on the event website post closure of all registrations.
Important:Confirmed applicants improving their timing performance post submission of application can request for changing the Line Up Area section only till 23 November 2018, valid timing certificate needs to provided for this on email: email@example.com